Work-study Track – a veritable springboard for employment
Excelia firmly believes in the value of carrying out your studies on a work-study track and has been a pioneer in this field since 1997 when it first offered its Master in Management programme via an apprenticeship contract. As a result, today Excelia has proven pedagogical expertise in terms of the work-study approach, with a strong network of partner companies. At the start of the 2019 academic year more than 600 students chose a work-study track, representing a 26 % increase on the previous year. Subsequently, in 2020 we launched the EXCELIA Apprenticeship Training Centre, with a view to offering apprenticeship opportunities across all our programmes, further demonstrating our commitment and desire to develop the professional skills of our students.
Choosing to carry out your studies on a work-study track is the perfect way to develop your professional skills, as you will be working in a company for a period of 12 to 24 months. It can be carried out on a private sector apprenticeship contract, a public sector apprenticeship contract or a professional training contract.
Working at a suitably adapted pace will enable you to put the theory learned in lessons into practice, as you develop a range of skills and competencies by working closely with the business professionals who are there to support and guide you.
These periods of immersion in a company are an invaluable asset in terms of your professional development and will undoubtedly boost your CV, thereby enhancing your employability.
100% of Excelia's study programmes are now available on a work-study track for...
- all French and international candidates who have validated the necessary ECTS credits (criteria vary according to chosen programme), with Admissions via a selective entrance test
- current Excelia students who would like to join the work-study track offered as part of their programme
Facts & figures
- an increase of 26 % in the number of work-study contracts signed in 2019 (641) compared to the previous year
- 94 % graduation rate
- 20 % of Excelia students choose a programme offering a work-study track
- 85 % of students choosing a work-study track find a job within 6 months of graduation
- Locations in France where students carry out their company-based experience:
In 2019, more than 600 work-study contracts were signed across the Bachelor, MSc and Master programmes (undergraduate and postgraduate) in the following sectors of activity:
Bachelor in Business (equivalent to 3 years of post-High School education)
BBA International (equivalent to 4 years of post-High School education)
Masters of Science (MSc) (equivalent to 5 years of post-High School education)
Master in Management (equivalent to 5 years of post-High School education)
- Communications / Digital
Bachelor in Communications and Digital Strategies (equivalent to 3 years of post-High School education)
Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Data and Digital Intelligence
Master of Science (MSc) in Consulting and Data Strategy
Master of Science (MSc) in Digital Communications and Influencing Strategy
- Tourism Management
Bachelor in Tourism & Hospitality Management (equivalent to 3 years of post-High School education)
- Real Estate
Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Management (equivalent to 3 years of post-High School education)
Many advantages for the student...
- secure an professional training contract (contrat de professionnalisation) more easily thanks to your company-based professional experience
- earn money whilst studying for a qualification
- benefit from the opportunity of putting theory into practice
- progressively develop your professional project
- start to develop your professional network
- benefit from the company paying the cost of your studies
...And as well as for the employer
- train a future employee for the specific needs of your company
- benefit from financial incentives
- benefit from the partial or total financing of the cost of the training through an OPCO (OPérateur de COmpétences) organisation
- convey your knowledge and expertise through the various projects entrusted to the student
- benefit from the positive effects on your current teams of an enthusiastic and motivated student
- recruit versatile profiles, which are a real asset for diversity
Assistance from our dedicated teams
From identifying the needs of both the company and the student to the drafting of the contract, Excelia has dedicated "work-study" teams who are on hand to support you throughout your project. They help with the following:
They help with the following:
- exploring the different possibilities with our partner companies... from identifying to validating opportunities for work-study
- assisting and coaching candidates: e-learning track, motivation interviews, etc.
- informing potential candidates of work-study opportunities
- organising recruitment events: Job dating, Forum
- providing information about work-study: ‘how it works’ in practice and applicable programmes
- drafting work-study contracts
This close working relationship extends throughout the duration of the contract through a mentoring system whereby a dedicated point of contact will monitor the progress of the student on the work-study contract. Their role is vital as they ensure the coherence between the practical experience and the theory being taught.
Please contact us if you have any questions or require further information:
Apprenticeship Training Centre – WORK-STUDY Department
+33 (0)5 16 59 05 20