Benefit from a dynamic ecosystem and an innovative, committed pedagogy, focussing on the human element and experiential learning.
For us, pedagogy is a priority!
What is pedagogy?
The principle of pedagogy is to educate as efficiently as possible in an ecosystem which mirrors that found in companies, with the objective being for each student to become autonomous and follow their own professional project.
How is it put into practice?
Thanks to a Faculty made up of committed and focussed teaching professionals... YOUR future teachers:
The Faculty is made up of...
- 102 permanent lecturers
- 540 occasional or visiting lecturers
- Nearly half the Faculty are international
- Research lecturers
A Group philosophy
3 key words:
- Exigence: providing quality teaching, enabling each and every person to acquire and develop their skills at their own pace, in line with their prior knowledge and experience. This exigence is ensured by a quality system known as AoL - Assurance of Learning. This system focusses on the 5 principal learning objectives: Fundamentals of Management and Teamwork, International Dimension, Oral and Written Communication, CSR and Ethics, and, of course, Research.
- Individualisation and diversity: employing varied teaching methods, adapted to the level of each student and to the discipline being taught… traditional teaching, flipped learning, e-learning, role plays, board games, case studies, coaching etc.
- Creative dynamism: encouraging synergy between the proven fundamentals, creative experimentation as well as the consolidation of innovations.
6 pedagogical imperatives shaping our work:
These 6 imperatives shape our pedagogical project and serve as a frame of reference for building and developing our programmes. In this way, our graduates will possess all of these skills by the end of their studies.
A dynamic ecosystem:
To accompany lecturers in the creation, experimentation and provision of the best pedagogical design for their lessons, the Excelia Lab was created in 2018. It enables new tools to be tested and encourages the development of new practices, such as virtual reality and artificial intelligence amongst others.
Two separate structures were created and have now been in place for several years:
- Innov Case Lab: this case study laboratory was created in 2015, with the aim of strengthening and further developing the pedagogy within our Group. It is well worth mentioning that many cases developed by our research lecturers have received awards.
- Game Lab: a firm base for ludic-pedagogy by stimulating creative dynamism for pedagogical games (development of board games, serious games etc.) and capitalising on the games created.
Two units dedicated to different projects:
- DIGITALISATION OF TEACHING UNIT: a service dedicated to pedagogical and technical support linked to digital technologies
- PEDAGOGICAL INNOVATION UNIT: a service dedicated to supporting the different pedagogical projects and monitoring the quality of teaching.
3 areas of expertise which structure the research work of our research lecturers and feed into our teaching:
- Sustainable Development and CSR
- Tourism Management
- Organisational Agility
To sum up, at Excelia, we are convinced that pedagogy and research are essential and interlinked, enabling us to provide high quality education, adapted to the challenges of the 21st Century!