Created in 1988, Excelia is an association in accordance with French Law of 1901.
Under the direction of Bruneau Neil, the group is supported by a number of different governing bodies.
Board of Governors
This body defines the group’s policies, strategy, and action plans.
- Stéphane COHAT - Chairman, Excelia
Ex Officio Members:
- Chairman of the New Aquitaine Regional Council or his/her representative
- Chairman of the Charente-Maritime Council or his/her representative
- Chairman of the La Rochelle Conurbation or his/her representative
- Chairman of the Charente-Maritime Chamber of Commerce & Industry or his/her representative
- Chairman of Excelia’s Alumni Association
- Chairman of Excelia’s Strategic Advisory Board
- 4 members designated by the Board of the Charente-Maritime Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- 8 key figures from the corporate world
Strategic Advisory Board
This body comprises some 15 French and international figures from both the academic and the corporate world. It is responsible for analysing both the medium and long-term issues facing Excelia, evaluating key challenges, and recommending major areas for strategic policy to the Board of Governors.
This committee is made up of around 15 members from both the academic and the corporate world, who are experts in the ecological and social transition. Its role is to consider ways of adapting and implementing Excelia’s strategy in terms of environmental and social impacts (value creation) and to make recommendations to the Board of Governors.
This committee (known in French as CODIR) implements the policies determined by the Board of Governors, paying close attention to the quality of the processes and also to their economic viability.
International Advisory Board
This board is made up of leading international figures from both the academic and the corporate world. Its role is to analyse Excelia Business School’s medium- and long-term issues, evaluate key challenges, and recommend major areas for strategic policy to the Dean.
Research Advisory Board
This board provides the link between the key stakholders... students on the one hand, companies on the other. It is made up of two colleges (Academic and Business), representatives from Excelia’s research-active Faculty, and external members chosen for their research expertise in the fields of business and management.