Internationalisation is at the heart of our philosophy!
Choose a multicultural environment for your studies in France!
Excelia is a cosmopolitan school committed to educating students to become internationally minded managers, ready to meet the economic, social and environmental challenges of tomorrow. Each year, Excelia welcomes 500 new international students, representing some 80 different nationalities.
Joining Excelia couldn’t be easier! We have international representatives around the world who advise and support international students from the moment they first contact us right up until their arrival on campus in France. Once in France, our local multilingual team is on hand to provide all the necessary help and advice.
Studying at Excelia means joining an international community that embraces excellence and innovation.
So, why not come and join us!
Why choose EXCELIA for your studies in France?
From your home country to your arrival at Excelia, and even beyond… we make the process as simple and efficient as possible!
We know that moving away to study in France is not easy for a young adult, or for their family who are often apprehensive about their child leaving home!
So, that’s where we come in! We work hand in hand with international students to help them ensure their move to France is as easy as possible. Whatever study programme you choose, we take care of all the administrative and academic procedures, right from the moment you first contact us.
Our representatives, located throughout the world, will provide you with individual support and guidance every step of the way:
- One-to-one discussions, meetings with your family
- Helping you choose the right study programme
- Helping you prepare for the entrance tests
- Taking care of your visa application: our representatives liaise with the French consulates in each country
- Taking care of your administrative formalities
- Providing assistance in preparing for your expatriation to France
- Giving you a valuable introduction to French pedagogy and culture
- Welcoming you on your arrival in France: airport pick-up, transfer to your chosen campus and to your accommodation
Helping you settle in upon arrival… supporting you throughout your studies!
At Excelia, we are always there for our international students!
We provide a welcome and support service from the moment you arrive in France, to ensure that you can start your studies with peace of mind. A new language, a new culture, administrative procedures to finalise... it can sometimes be a daunting task! This is why we organise events especially for our international students and provide individual support and guidance.
Right from the very start of the academic year, you will feel reassured by the strong sense of community at Excelia!
1 - Welcome Days: a fun start to the academic year
During the weekend prior to the start of the academic year, international students are invited to a special integration event held on their campus. These "Welcome Days" are an opportunity to meet other students and to finalise the various administrative formalities. You also have the opportunity to enjoy "Ocean Game", an afternoon of fun and games to discover your new surroundings.
In addition, you are invited to La Rochelle Student Bay, an event designed to help you discover the local area… with a concert, a cruise, and a treasure hunt through the city.
2 - Excelia Buddy Scheme
A few weeks before your arrival, we offer our international students the opportunity to have a "buddy", namely someone who is already studying at Excelia. Your buddy will introduce you to French culture, direct you to the right people for all your needs… and tell you about the best places to go in the city!
3 - Excelia’s very own French as a Foreign Language centre… the perfect place to learn French quickly
As an international student, you have the possibility of arriving 3 weeks before the start of your lessons so as to attend an intensive French language course at our French Language Institute in La Rochelle, which specialises in teaching French as a foreign language.
You can also carry out this course remotely, from your home country: the aim is to help our international students improve their French language skills and gain a better understanding of the French culture before they actually leave home.
4 - A team dedicated to international students, on hand throughout your studies
At Excelia, in France, we boast a multilingual team of four members who provide individual support and guidance for our international students. Mentoring is also available through our Heads of Studies. Furthermore, we have a team of native teachers (Indian, Chinese, African) who act as points of contact for international students, as well as actually teaching on the various programmes.
France, internationally recognised for higher education… a choice of excellence
Studying in France means joining one of the most dynamic and successful higher education systems in the world. It means choosing higher education programmes that feature in the top international rankings.
In fact, France is the 4th most popular destination in the world for international students (2018 ranking). It is renowned for its luxury and innovation sectors as well as for its rich culture and unique way of life.
It is a truly welcoming country, offering international students numerous advantages. Once you have your visa, residence permit and student card, as a foreign student you can benefit from housing allowance, join the French health insurance system, use transport at preferential rates, and enjoy excellent meals in the student restaurants.
Excelia is proud to have been awarded the quality label "Bienvenue en France" (Welcome to France). This label is proof that Excelia meets the highest standards of quality for international students in terms of its facilities, study programmes, pedagogical support, accommodation, and life on campus, as well as follow-up after graduation. Only 11 management schools currently hold this quality label.
A vibrant and dynamic student life in friendly, safe and attractive cities
La Rochelle, Tours, Orleans and Paris are four friendly, intimate and pleasant environments, offering all the advantages of a large major French city.
Four cities steeped in history, benefitting from a dynamic local economy.
Four cities that are easy to get to, offering efficient transport networks.
Four cities, each with a unique lifestyle, a unique environment, and unique landscapes… students can opt to change campus each year if they wish.
- La Rochelle: a dynamic and attractive city on the coast, with the largest pleasure port in France, just 2.5 hours from Paris, and 1 hour from London and Lyon by plane
- Tours: a major city nestled in the heart of the Loire Valley and the Loire Châteaux, only 1 hour from Paris
- Orleans: a friendly and pleasant city, just 55 minutes from Paris
- Paris, the new Parisian location of Excelia in the heart of the higher education center of Paris-Cachan, more precisely on the aivancity campus.
Excelia also boasts 50 Clubs and Associations covering a wide range of interests and activities: sport, culture, media library, humanitarian trips, etc.
Choosing Excelia for your studies in France… 7 reasons why!
- We offer you a comprehensive package with individual support starting in your home country and continuing right up to your arrival on campus.
- We simplify the process thanks to our in-country representatives, making life easier for you.
- We have been awarded the quality label "Bienvenue en France", meaning that we meet the international quality standards set in terms of welcoming international students.
- We promote interculturalism through various fun, cultural and sporting events held throughout the year.
- We provide a dedicated international team, on hand not only to support our foreign students throughout their studies.
- We boast a strong international dimension: 54% of our teaching team are international research-active faculty or international industry professional lecturers.
- We offer you the opportunity of joining a cosmopolitan community, with students and graduates of more than 80 different nationalities; in addition, you will benefit from partnerships across the globe.