Develop a 360° approach to audiovisual, graphic design and digital projects, whilst acquiring management skills to lead a creative team
The Master of Arts in Design Direction and Creative Media is offered in partnership with the animation school EMCA (Ecole des Métiers du Cinéma d'Animation), based in Angoulême.
Master (5 years of higher education)
Master of Arts
MSc (5 years of higher education)
Master of Arts
- Master (5 years of higher education)
Director of the Master of Arts Direction Artistique et Creative Media Pascal CapellariThe Master of Arts in Design Direction and Creative Media will prepare you for managing creative projects whilst improving your skills in Graphic Design, UX/UI Design, Audiovisual Design and Motion Design. Through a particular focus on the management of audiovisual and animation projects, you will acquire the necessary skills to manage a communications or advertising agency and a creative team.
Programme available in French only.
Discover Excelia Digital School
Why choose the Master in Digital Communications and Influence Strategy
- Professionally-oriented experiences in France or abroad
- Immersion in a specialist school and a city devoted to artistic creation... EMCA Angoulême
- Courses given by industry professionals… bringing companies into the classroom
- Innovative approach to education (Experiential Learning)
- Small, intimate year group
- A professional network
- Learning Expeditions and Consultancy Projects
- Real company case studies
- A digital communications studio run by our students and teachers: exceliadigitalstudio.com
Pedagogy adapted to your needs
Today, digital technology is omnipresent and is transforming all sectors of activity. Excelia Digital School is an innovative school, which places the professional world at the heart of its teaching and which has understood the importance of adapting to the demands of a constantly evolving industry. Through our 'Experiential Learning' innovation teaching methods, you have the opportunity to regularly work on real-life business cases, in addition to working alongside industry managers, executives, designers, developers, coaches, publicists, and directors, from whom you will receive valuable support and guidance.
Our off-site study location in Angoulême
The entire study programme will take place in Angoulême
All you need to know about languages, assessment, lessons and your teachers
- French Track
- Lessons in Applied English
Types of evaluation:
- Continuous assessment: 40% of the final mark
Throughout the year, you will work on group or individual projects, which will be marked by your teachers.
- End-of-semester exams: 60% of the final mark
These take the form of written or computer-based exams.
The teaching Faculty of the Master of Science is made up of industry professionals, recognised for their strong expertise in this field. Their focus will be, above all, on real-life business issues.
Types of lessons:
The teaching Faculty of the Master of Arts in Design Direction and Creative Media is made up of industry professionals, recognised for their strong expertise in these fields. Their focus will be, above all, on real-life business issues.
Year 1 (4 years of post-High School education)
Year 2 (5 years of post-High School education)
September-March: Lessons April-July/August: Internship in France or abroad (minimum 5 months) September-March: Lessons April-July/August: Internship in France or abroad (6 months)
- The History of Cinema, Art, Media and Advertising
- A Critical Understanding of Imagery
- Copywriting for the Media
- Graphic and Digital Design
- Storytelling and Audiovisual Creation
- Character Design and Motion Design
- Film and Animation Project Production
- Sound, Post Production, Composition and Finalisation of Film Production
- Brand Strategy and Image
- Management of Audiovisual and Animation Projects
- Business Game, Workshop and Learning Expedition
- Applied Business English
- Design Culture and Current Trends
- Design Direction and Media Planning
- Managing an agency, a team and a communications budget
- Entrepreneurship and Business Creation
- Graphic Design and Branding
- UX and UI Design of Multimedia Projects
- Negotiation and Customer Relations
- Jobs/Careers Lectures
- Thesis Methodology; Drafting a Master Thesis
- Applied Business English, TOEIC preparation
The different courses and projects are provided for indicative purposes only and are subject to change from one year to the next.
Students are given the opportunity to act as consultants working on a specific theme or issue for one of our partner companies.
An educational adventure designed to give students the opportunity to leave the classroom and experience a new environment, working alongside a recognised player in the field of digital technology.
A unique opportunity to experience the role of a manager. This business simulation game enables students to manage a virtual company and tackle a range of different challenges.
Internships: minimum 11 months of experience
Carrying out company-based internships, in France or abroad, is one of the compulsory parts of the Master of Arts programme. By the end of your studies, you will have acquired at least 11 months of professional experience.
Student Clubs and Associations
You have the possibility of getting involved in one of Excelia’s 50 clubs and associations, enabling you to develop your skills and knowledge in a supportive and professionally-oriented environment. In addition, it is a great way to settle into school life and experience something unique.
The different experiences throughout the programme
Depending on the track, the options and the specialisations you decide to select, you will have the opportunity to live some of the experiences listed below. These highlights of the programme are complementary to your lessons.
- Year 1: Internship in France or abroad, Workshops, Business Game, Learning Expedition
- Year 2: Internship in France or abroad, Workshops, Master Thesis, Consultancy Project, Personalised Support and Guidance from a Mentor
Although all companies have specific needs based on their own strategy, target or identity, they do not necessarily use the same methods. This is why there is such a wide variety of professions in the field of communications.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of the types of professions in which you could work.
Types of jobs:
- Design Director
- Creative Director
- Advertising Manager
- Advertising Project Manager
- Communications Agency Manager
Tuition Fees 2021-2022
Students from within the European Union*
- Year 1: €10,500
- Year 2: €10,500
*28 European Union members: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France and French Overseas Territories, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, The United Kingdom.
Students from outside the European Union
- Year 1: €10,500
- Year 2: €10,500
The above fees are provided for information purposes only and are subject to change from one year to the next.
This one-off Multiservice fee gives access to the following services: Multimedia and Internet network, Cyberlibris (online library), Student Identity Card, Reprographics credit, Intranet, e-learning modules, Wi-Fi, Career Centre activities and services, International Insurance-Assistance (for any periods spent abroad during the period covered by this contract), University library, University Medical Service etc.
Financing your studies
Admission for international students or French students living outside France:
Applications for Year 1
Open to students with a minimum of 3 years of post-High School education or international equivalent.
Personal motivation interview is carried out by internet via our dedicated platform (day and time of your choice).
Application fees: €50
Download our mobile application!
With our Mobile Application you can...
- Organise your arrival at Excelia
- Enjoy a virtual visit of our campuses, the surrounding areas and the major tourist attractions