You will receive an exclusive welcome to help you settle into the School and to discover the city of La Rochelle.
As international students, you will receive an exclusive welcome to help you settle into the School and to discover the city of La Rochelle, your new study environment. The ‘Welcome Days’, organised by Student Life - key interlocutor for non-academic matters - bring together the School’s international newcomers, whether or not on an exchange programme. The two Welcome Days take place at the beginning of the academic year, just before the start date of your programme.
Welcome Days… so what’s on the agenda?
- Welcome speech and breakfast
- Guided tour of the School and the campus
- Final administrative elements relating to your registration
- Meet your International Coordinator
- Introduction to the various student associations and clubs, in particular the BDI (Bureau des Internationaux – International Students Office)
- Themed workshops (e.g. French culture, work methodology etc.)
- Guided tour of the city of La Rochelle
- Team activities (e.g. rock-climbing in La Rochelle, stand-up paddle on Île de Ré etc.)
Welcome Days 2018 © 2018 - Laurinda Hudgens, Excelia, All rights reserved
LA ROCHELLE STUDENT BAY
Each year, La Rochelle welcomes some 13 000 students. Every year since 2011, the Town Hall, with the support of the city’s higher education establishments, has organised a series of events to welcome new students to the city and the local region. The aim is to provide an opportunity for students to get to know each other and to discover their new study environment. These events come under the banner ‘La Rochelle Student Bay’ and comprise 4 key highlights, with the festivities kicking off with a major free concert. In 2017, the 7th La Rochelle Student Bay brought together…
- 1200 students for the opening concert, with music from Janeration and Smokey Joe & The Kid
- 250 international students, who boarded the boat L’Espérance for an unforgettable cruise around La Rochelle’s 3 ports
- 350 students, who competed in teams in the various nautical activities on the Grand Pavois beach. The Grand Pavois is a major La Rochelle event, whose dates coincide with the start of the academic year. Attracting some 100 000 visitors over 6 days, with some 800 international brands exhibiting and with 750 boats on display (of which 300 in-water), the Grand Pavois is one of the 5 largest international in-water boat shows
- a multitude of students who gathered in the Minimes area for a giant picnic, student concerts and to find out about the various student associations and clubs
In 2018, the 8th La Rochelle Student Bay brought together 750 students for the opening concert, with music from artists of international fame: Chill Bump, DJ Fly & Dj Netik and Bampa. It took place at La Sirène, the famous live music menue in La Rochelle. It was the opportunity for students to start the academic year in a festive atmosphere. International students had also the opportunity to board the boat L’Espérance for an the traditional cruise around La Rochelle’s 3 ports to discover the city from a different angle.
Cruise for international students © 2018 - Communauté d'Agglomération de La Rochelle, All rights reserved
MEETING YOUR INTERNATIONAL COORDINATOR
Studying in a foreign country is not as simple as it may seem. To help you settle in, and to accompany you throughout your studies, our Office Managers, working across the globe, will support and guide you right from your initial contact with them. They will provide you with personalised support in preparing for the admissions tests as well as assisting you with all the administration associated with studying in France. They will be on hand throughout your time with us, and sometimes organise get-togethers at the start of the academic year to make sure that everything is going smoothly.
Meeting with a group of international students for September intake © 2018 - Excelia, All rights reserved
Avec Valérie Le Dé (Head of International Development Europe, MENA, India & Latin America)
et Saloie Ayadi (International Recruitment Manager for Maghreb area)