A springboard to Excelia's qualification-awarding programmes
Choose a Higher Education Group recognised in France and internationally
Head of the Business Foundation Programme Maria BelhajThe Business Foundation Programme (BFP) is primarily aimed at international students who are looking to carry out management studies at a Higher Education establishment in France.
This programme, in one semester or one year, will enable you to acquire the fundamentals of management, while developing the necessary linguistic and technical competencies to apply for Excelia's undergraduate or postgraduate programmes. Whichever programme you choose, you will be joining a major French Business School and will obtain an internationally-recognised qualification.
International students have the possibility of starting their studies online and then arriving on site as and when they are able.
Why choose the Business Foundation Programme?
- To improve your language ability in French or English
- To understand European academic methodologies, enabling you to follow lessons more easily and therefore to progress more rapidly
- To acquire the fundamentals of business and management
A programme that can be adapted to your level
The Business Foundation Programme can be carried out over one semester or one year:
- 1 semester (30 ECTS) with 2 possible start dates: September or January. Please note that students who would like to start the programme in January must have a B1 level in French.
- 1 year (60 ECTS) from September to June: for students with an A2 language level
Our campus: La Rochelle
You will carry out your semester or year of studies in La Rochelle, right in the heart of the University campus located in the Minimes district of the city.
- Intensive business language lessons (in French or English, depending on your chosen language track)
- Official language test
Business and Management competencies:
- French Economy and European Economy
- Intercultural and Ethical Management
- Introduction to Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour
- Accounting Fundamentals
Experiential and Personal Development:
- Drama lessons
- Methodology lessons
- Tutoring from former BFP students
- Company visits and seminars
- Personal orientation and support
- Entrance Tests Preparation for qualification-awarding programmes
- Immersion in a programme of your choice
Culture and Modern Society:
- French Culture and European Culture
The different courses and projects are provided for indicative purposes only and are subject to change from one year to the next. The specialisations offered will only be available if the required minimum number of students is reached.
Support and Guidance, Personal Development
One of the main objectives of the BFP is to enable you to prepare for your future studies and fine tune your professional project. Through Excelia's innovative teaching tools and experience, you will benefit from personalised advice to help you...
- to identify and develop your project: personal development workshops on self-awareness, defining your aspirations etc.
- to put together your personal communication tools (CV, cover letter etc.), and present them effectively, giving the best impression of yourself
- to prepare for the Entrance Tests (for your further studies)
As a future professional, you will need to present and defend your ideas and projects in front of a variety of audiences. Our drama workshops are an excellent way to "learn by doing". In a relaxed environment, you will develop your self-confidence and your oral skills through sketches, improvisations and public speaking etc.
Tuition Fees 2020-2021
- Semester: €4,885
- Year: €7,155
Tuition fees are provided for information purposes only and are subject to change from one year to the next.
- Fee (1 semester): €275
- Fee (1 year): €550
The one-off Multiservice fee gives access to the following services: Multimedia and Internet network, Cyberlibris (online library), Student Identity Card, Reprographics credit, Intranet, e-learning modules, Wi-Fi, Career Centre activities and services, International Insurance-Assistance (for any periods spent abroad during the period covered by this contract), University library, University Medical Service etc.
Financing your studies
Admissions for international students or French students living outside France:
Personal motivation interview is carried out by internet via our dedicated platform (day and time of your choice).
Application fees: €50
Download our mobile application!
With our Mobile Application you can...
- Organise your arrival at Excelia
- Enjoy a virtual visit of our campuses, the surrounding areas and the major tourist attractions