Since April 17, 2021, international students can apply for an online visa on France-Visas.
The new service is accessible to students applying for a long stay visa living in a country where visa application is outsourced and available online.
The France-Visas application offers a new service to international students by allowing to submit digital copies of their supporting document during completion of their online visa application. This service helps accelerate the transfer to the outsourced service provider.
Digital visa application prerequisites
To complete a digital visa application, you must comply with the following conditions:
- Be an international student applying for studies in France;
- Apply for a long-stay visa for studies only; and
- Live in a country including an outsourced service provider collecting visa applications.
Online visa application steps
If you comply with the prerequisites, you may apply for a student visa by completing the following four steps:
- Complete your online visa application on France-Visas and transfer your documents;
- Submit in person your passport and completed form at the collection centre;
- Follow your online application on the service provider’s website; and
- Retrieve your passport.