The Business Foundation Programme (BFP) is aimed at international students who would like to carry out higher education management studies in France. This programme has been designed to provide students with management fundamentals as well as the linguistic and technical competencies needed to enrol on Bachelor or Master programmes at either Excelia Group or at the ISC Paris Business School, our partner for the programme.
The Business Foundation Programme (BFP) has been developed to enable you…
- to improve your language ability in either French or English
- to understand European academic methodologies, allowing you to follow the lessons more easily and thereby make faster progress
- to grasp the fundamentals of business and management
Throughout the programme, you will be supported and guided in your career orientation, as well as in your choice of further studies and specialisation.
At the end of the programme, you will be able to enrol on one of the Bachelor-awarding or Master-awarding programmes at Excelia Group or at the ISC Paris Business School.
The BFP is taught in both French and English. You can choose:
- French Track: available on the La Rochelle campus
- English Track: available on either the La Rochelle campus or the Paris campus of the ISC Paris Business School, our partner institution for this programme
Students who enrol on the English Track, have the possibility of opting for one semester on each campus.
Length of studies
The BFP can last one semester or one year, depending on your language ability:
- 1 year (60 ECTS points): September to June, for students with an A2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- 1 semester (30 ECTS points): January to June, for students with a B1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Intensive language courses designed for business studies(in French or English depending on your chosen language track)
- Official language test
Culture and Modern Society
- Drama lessons
- Methodology lessons
- Tutoring from former BFP students
- Company visits and seminars
- Personal orientation and support
- Preparation for the entrance tests of Bachelor/Master programmes
- Immersion in a programme of your choice
Business and Management Competencies
- French Culture and European Culture
- Study trip between the La Rochelle campus and the Paris campus (English Track only)
- French economy and European economy
- Intercultural and Ethical Management
- Introduction to Marketing
Support, guidance and personal development
One of the key elements of the BFP is the preparation of both your educational and professional projects. Thanks to the pedagogical tools and the experience of Excelia Group, you will receive personal advice to enable you…
- to identify and develop your project: workshops structured around personal development (e.g. self-awareness), defining your career aspirations etc.
- to use communication tools efficiently (CVs, cover letters etc.), using the correct language and effective presentation
- to prepare for the entrance tests of your chosen further study programme
Study trip (La Rochelle and Paris)
Over a period of one week, you will discover the BFP partner campus i.e. La Rochelle or Paris… you will visit the city, meet other international students and take part in a business game with students from both years of the programme.
As a future business professional, you will have to present and justify your ideas and projects in front of a range of different audiences. Our drama workshops provide you with a means of ‘learning by doing’. In a relaxed atmosphere, you will develop both your self-confidence and your oral skills through sketches, improvisations and public speaking.
Tuition Fees 2019-2020
1 Semester 4 885€ 1 Year 7 155€
Tuition fees are provided for information purposes only and are subject to change from one year to the next
Please note that they do not include the costs involved for the Study Trip to Paris or La Rochelle.
Fee (1 semester): € 275
Fee (1 year): € 550
The one-off Multiservice fee gives access to the following services: Multimedia and Internet network, Cyberlibris (online library), Student Identity Card, Reprographics credit, Intranet, e-learning modules, Wi-Fi, Career Centre activities and services, International Insurance-Assistance (for any periods spent abroad during the period covered by this contract), University library, University Medical Service etc.
Financing your studies
Admission for international students or French students living outside France:
A motivation interview is carried out by internet via our dedicated platform (day and time of your choice).
The course is taught entirely in French.