Personal development to find the right path
We believe that ‘living the experience’ is the prime source for the acquisition of savoir-faire and interpersonal skills, over and above technical knowledge.
This is why Excelia is one of the first higher education groups to have set up an Experiential and Personal Development (EPD) initiative.
In addition to work-study placements and internships, we provide your child with many opportunities to develop interpersonal, situational and communication skills:
- Learning Expeditions: a 4-5-day international immersion, a demanding experience whereby students are exposed to a maximum of situations.
- Academic expatriation to one of our 170 partner universities (the majority of which are accredited), offering another perspective of the world: with a duration of 6 months to a full academic year, these studies in a different academic, linguistic and cultural environment are an essential part of our programmes and, in some cases, a prerequisite for obtaining a qualification.
- Humacité© and Climacité© projects: two unique and complementary experiences, two opportunities for students to leave their comfort zone to learn about others... and themselves! By confronting new challenges, and developing a sense of commitment, the capacity to act, to adapt and to surpass oneself, these projects are a valuable way to boost maturity and enhance personal development skills.
A large choice of Clubs and Associations
Excelia is itself an association, and is home to some fifty student clubs and associations covering all sectors. Students have the opportunity to learn about project management and team management through a range of cultural, sporting and humanitarian activities. These association-based opportunities offer a wealth of experiences to be lived to the full and shared with others!
An entrepreneurial spirit is firmly established and widely encouraged within Excelia. In addition, developing a business creation project is another way of getting to know yourself better.
Excelia offers students several possibilities:
- Preparation for the D2E (university qualification for student entrepreneurs), which involves some one hundred hours of lessons covering all aspects of the process of creating or taking over a business (business plan, marketing, communications, market research, accounting, law, etc.)
- MSc in Entrepreneurship and Business Innovation
- XL Entrepreneur, Impact Innovation Track: this tailor-made support is one of the structuring elements of the Experience Learning Department, whose aim is to place experience at the heart of the transformation process for those students who are interested