Highly versatile and fully operational Real Estate professionals
The Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Management from Excelia, in partnership with IMSI, a specialised school with over 20 years’ experience in real estate management studies.
- Bachelor (3 years of higher education)
LocationLa Rochelle, Tours
- RNCP Level 6
Head of the Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Management Pascal Capellari
The Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Management is a 1-year programme (available to students who have already validated a minimum of 2 years in higher education) training students to become real estate professionals, taking up positions in property management firms, estate agencies or property development companies. This programme is carried out in partnership with the IMSI (Institut du Management des Services Immobiliers), a higher education establishment specialising in real estate management studies, based in Paris, Lyon and Toulouse.
Why choose the Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Management
- A State-certified qualification (equivalent to 3 years of post-High School education)
- Professionally-oriented experiences in France
- Offered on a Work-study Track
- Specialised courses in real estate
- Courses given by industry professionals from the field of real estate management
- Small, intimate year group
Pedagogy adapted to your needs
At Excelia, we offer you the opportunity to redefine real estate management. You will learn about legislation, management techniques, administration management, sales and consulting, as well as leadership and management. The programme goes beyond simple theory as you will quickly be introduced to the practical side of real estate management and experience the real world, with all our programmes being constantly updated to meet the needs of companies. By the end of your studies, you will not only have obtained academic knowledge and a recognised qualification, but you will also have acquired extensive experience.
A choice of campus: La Rochelle or Tours
The entire programme takes place in La Rochelle or Tours. Specially-equipped classrooms have been designed for our students, enabling them to evolve in an environment conducive to creativity.
All you need to know about languages, assessment, lessons and your teachers
- French Track
- Lessons in Applied English
Types of evaluation:
- Continuous assessment: 40% of the final mark
Throughout the year, you will work on group or individual projects, which will be marked by your teachers.
- End-of-semester exams: 60% of the final mark
These take the form of written or computer-based exams.
Types of lessons:
You will study the theory and will benefit from tutorials that will allow you to put what you have learned into practice.
The teaching Faculty of the Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Management is made up of industry professionals, recognised for their strong expertise in this field. Their focus will be, above all, on real-life business issues.
Bachelor Year 3 (three years of post-High School education)
Year: 12 months working in a company Format: 1 week School-based followed by 3 weeks company-based
Bachelor Year 3 – Work-study Track
- Legislation and Management Techniques: The Real Estate Market, Real Estate Law, Rental Management, Commercial Leasing, Multiple Ownership Property Management, Insurance, Building Technology, Real Estate Sales & Development, Urban Planning, etc.
- Administration and Accounts Management: Real Estate Taxation Law, Real Estate Accounting and Management for Multiple Ownership, Corporate Financial Management, IT and Data Tools, etc.
- Sales and Consulting: Real Estate Transactions, Residential Real Estate and New Technologies, Sales Management, Marketing and Digital Communications, Social Media and Community Management, etc.
- Leadership and Management: Agile Methods, Project Management, Team Management, Budget Design, Voltaire Project, Applied English for Real Estate Management, Conduct and Behaviour in Business, etc.
The different courses and projects are provided for indicative purposes only and are subject to change from one year to the next.
Work-study: 12 months
This one-year programme, Year 3 of a Bachelor, is offered on a Work-study Track. Once you have been accepted onto the programme, we will assist you in your search for a work-study opportunity, to be carried out via a stage alterné (work-study internship agreement), a contrat de professionnalisation (professional training contract), or a contrat d'apprentissage (apprenticeship contract). The work-study track will provide you with significant professional experience whilst earning a salary and, in the case of a contrat de professionnalisation or a contrat d'apprentissage, your tuition fees will be paid by the host company.
Throughout the year you will participate in various workshops. These not only provide you with an opportunity to discuss and converse with company employees, managers or creative personnel, but also to benefit from immersion in a professional project by contributing to its development.
Student Clubs and Associations
You have the possibility of getting involved in one of Excelia Group’s 50 clubs and associations, enabling you to develop your skills and knowledge in a supportive and professionally-oriented environment. In addition, it is a great way to settle into school life and experience something unique.
Personalised Support and Guidance from a Mentor
Throughout your studies, you will benefit from personalised support and guidance from a mentor. The School also offers workshops structured around personal development (self-awareness and self-assertion), communication tools (such as CVs and cover letters), understanding the job market, learning about different careers and developing your professional network.
The different experiences throughout the programme
Depending on the track, the options and the specialisations you decide to select, you will have the opportunity to live some of the experiences listed below. These highlights of the programme are complementary to your lessons.
- Work-Study Track, Workshops, Personalised Support and Guidance from a Mentor
- Involvement in Student Clubs and Associations
What is "Work-study"?
For a period of one year, the Work-study Track offers you the possibility of alternating School-based periods, during which you will learn the theory, with company-based periods where you will work on projects relating to your studies.
Vocationally-oriented, this Work-study Track is compulsory for the entire one-year programme. Students benefit from assistance in their search for a contract with a company. This valuable support will help you to not only take stock of your personal qualities (your experiences, whether professional, association-based, sporting, charitable or international), but also your academic ability. It is also an opportunity to think about developing a LinkedIn profile that companies may wish to consult.
Work-study in detail
- Contract type: stage alterné (work-study internship agreement), a contrat de professionnalisation (professional training contract), or a contrat d'apprentissage (apprenticeship contract).
- Format: 1 week School-based followed by 3 weeks company-based
- Main objective: To combine theoretical knowledge with professional experience
- Securing a contract with a company: The School provides you with the necessary search tools to assist you in your professional project. Once you have successfully completed the Admissions tests, you will have access to the numerous work-study offers available to our students.
The Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Management trains students for a wide range of operational positions, focussing on two principal areas: Real Estate Management and Real Estate Transactions. Below is a non-exhaustive list of the types of professions in which you could work.
Types of jobs:
REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- Rental Property Agent
- Rental Property Manager
- Multiple Ownership Property Manager
- Real Estate Accountant
- Technical Manager
- Administration Manager
- Property Portfolio Manager
REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS
- Real Estate Consultant
- Real Estate Negotiator
- Land Acquisition Manager
- Sales Manager
As the qualification awarded is recognised by the State and is RNCP-certified, students who wish to do so can continue their studies with a Master programme and thereby validate 5 years of post-High School education.
Tuition Fees 2020-2021
Students from within the European Union*
- Bachelor Year 3: €7,800
* 28 European Union members: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France and French Overseas Territories, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, The United Kingdom.
Students from outside the European Union
- Bachelor Year 3: €8,900
- Bachelor Year 3: In the case of a contrat de professionnalisation and a contrat d'apprentissage, tuition fees are paid by the host company.
The above fees are provided for information purposes only and are subject to change from one year to the next.
This one-off Multiservice fee gives access to the following services: Multimedia and Internet network, Cyberlibris (online library), Student Identity Card, Reprographics credit, Intranet, e-learning modules, Wi-Fi, Career Centre activities and services, International Insurance-Assistance (for any periods spent abroad during the period covered by this contract), University library, University Medical Service, etc.
Financing your studies
Admission for international students or French students living outside France:
Applications for Year 3
Open to students with a minimum of 2 years of post-High School education or international equivalent.
Personal motivation interview is carried out by internet via our dedicated platform (day and time of your choice).
Application fees: €50
Download our mobile application!
With our Mobile Application you can...
- Organise your arrival at Excelia
- Enjoy a virtual visit of our campuses, the surrounding areas and the major tourist attractions