Become a fully operational manager of a Health and Wellbeing establishment
- Bachelor (3 years of higher education)
Head of the Bachelor of Science in Health & Wellbeing Maria Belhaj
The Bachelor of Science in Health & Wellbeing is a 1-year programme preparing students to become operational, adaptable and versatile managers working in Health and Wellbeing establishments. Following their studies, students pursue careers in nursing homes, healthcare and welfare facilities, clinics, hospitals, thermal/spa resorts, etc
Programme available in French only.
This programme is available to students who have already validated a minimum of 2 years in higher education, such as…
- a 2-year degree
- a BTS qualification in Health and Social (SP3S, etc.)
- a qualification in nursing or as a social worker
Why choose the BSc in Health & Wellbeing
- A Bachelor of Science qualification (equivalent to 3 years of post-High School education)
- Personalised support and guidance to help you shape your professional project and plan your future
- Valuable vocational experience in France
- Specialised teaching in Health and Wellbeing
- Lectures from Health and Wellbeing industry professionals
- Small, intimate year group
Pedagogy adapted to your needs
At Excelia, we offer an innovative approach to Health and Wellbeing. Today, Wellbeing is an integral part of Health and developing effective prevention has become ever more important, enabling the patient to play an active part in their own care.
Our objective is therefore to train students to become flexible and versatile managers, capable of leading projects within health, social, healthcare and welfare facilities (spa, thalassotherapy, etc.) thanks to the acquisition of theoretical knowledge and practical application, combined with solid experience in the field.
Through lessons in how the Health and Wellbeing Sectors are structured, Legislation governing health establishments, Sociology of Disability, Quality and Risk Management, Project Management, and even how to lead change, this programme goes beyond simple theory. You will very quickly experience life in the field, in particular through tutored projects based on the response to calls for tender by partner organisations, as well as during your operational internship at the end of the programme.
By the end of your studies, you will not only have acquired academic knowledge and a recognised qualification but also solid professional experience.
Our off-site study location in Rochefort
The entire programme takes place in Rochefort. Our classrooms on these premises are fully-equipped, enabling you to evolve in an environment conducive to creativity.
All you need to know about languages, assessment, lessons and your teachers
Types of evaluation:
- Continuous assessment: 40% of the final mark
- Throughout the year you will work on group or individual projects which will be marked by your teachers
- End-of-semester exams: 60% of the final mark
- These take the form of written or computer-based exams
Types of lessons:
You will study the theory and will benefit from tutorials that will allow you to put what you have learned into practice.
The teaching Faculty of the BSc in Health & Wellbeing is made up of industry professionals recognised for their wealth of expertise in their field. Lessons therefore focus on real cases and everyday situations.
Year 3 (three years of post-High School education)
October-December: Lessons January: Humacité© project February-March: Lessons March-July: Internship
The different courses and projects are provided for indicative purposes only and are subject to change from one year to the next.
Year 3 - Classic Track
- Ethics and Health Law
- Legislation concerning Healthcare and Welfare Facilities
- Organisation of the Healthcare and Welfare Domain, the Social and Solidarity Economy
- Social Protection and the Health System
- Digitalisation of the Health System and Health Facilities
- Business English
- Medical Information Systems
- IT Management Tools
- Statistics, Data & Information Analysis
- HR Management & Responsible Practices
- Crisis Communication
- Social Marketing
- Internal & Multicultural Communications
- Project Management – Mind Mapping
- Quality and Risk Management in Health Care
- Tutored Group Projects (based on the response to calls for tender by partner organisations)
- Sociology of Disability and Dependency
- Psychology and Addictions
- Human Rights
End-of-studies internship: minimum 18 weeks
The programme includes an internship, of 18 weeks minimum, which takes place at the end of the academic year, requiring an internship report and an oral defence.
Throughout the year, you will be involved in tutored projects based on the response to calls for tender by partner organisations.
Student Clubs and Associations
You have the possibility of getting involved in one of Excelia’s 50 clubs and associations, enabling you to develop your skills and knowledge in a supportive and professionally-oriented environment. In addition, it is a great way to settle into school life and experience something unique.
Personalised support from a Mentor
Throughout your studies, you will benefit from personalised support and guidance. The School offers workshops structured around personal development (self-awareness and self-assertion), communication tools (such as CVs and cover letters), understanding the job market, learning about different careers and developing your professional network.
The different experiences throughout the programme
In addition to your academic studies, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the experiences listed below.
- Internship, Tutored Projects, Personalised Support and Guidance from a Mentor
- Involvement in Student Clubs and Associations
The Bachelor of Science in Health & Wellbeing trains students for a wide range of operational positions, working in Health and Wellbeing establishments such as nursing homes, healthcare and welfare facilities, private clinics, hospitals, thermal/spa resorts, etc.
Possible career opportunities include…
Sectors of activity:
- Health Care and Welfare
- Social and Vocational Integration
- Health and Paramedical
Types of job:
- Clinic Manager, Assistant Clinic Manager, Assistant Care Centre Manager
- Care Centre Administrative Manager or Assistant Administrative Manager
- Administrative Health Executive (Executive Assistant)
- Mutual Care Centre Manager
- Geriatric Care Centre Manager
- Quality and Risk Management in Healthcare Assistant
- Head of Educational Services (Special Education Units, Children’s Homes)
- Spa Manager
Students looking to continue their studies can join a Master programme (a qualification equivalent to 5 years of post-High School education).
Tuition Fees 2022-2023
Students from within the European Union*
- Year 3: €8,000
* 27 European Union members: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France and French Overseas Territories, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
Students from outside the European Union
- Year 3: €8,600
The above fees are provided for information purposes only and are subject to change from one year to the next.
This one-off Multiservice fee gives access to the following services: Multimedia and Internet network, Cyberlibris (online library), Student Identity Card, Reprographics credit, Intranet, e-learning modules, Wi-Fi, Career Centre activities and services, International Insurance-Assistance (for any periods spent abroad during the period covered by this contract), University library, University Medical Service, etc.
Financing your studies
Admission for international students or French students living outside France:
Applications for Year 3
Open to students with a minimum of 2 years of post-High School education or international equivalent.
Personal motivation interview is carried out by internet via our dedicated platform (day and time of your choice).
Application fees: €50
Download our mobile application!
With our Mobile Application you can...
- Organise your arrival at Excelia
- Enjoy a virtual visit of our campuses, the surrounding areas and the major tourist attractions