Head of the Bachelor of Science in Health & Wellbeing Maria Belhaj
With a Bachelor of Science in Health & Wellbeing, you can contribute to the development of the healthcare system of tomorrow. Sustainable Development and CSR applied to the health and wellbeing sector are at the heart of our programme.
Through this programme, you will become an operational, flexible and versatile manager of a Health & Wellbeing establishment, promoting an integrated health system focussed on value, integrity and efficiency. Become a responsible actor for a sector committed to the prevention and optimisation of patient care.
By the end of the programme, you will have the necessary skills and competencies to work in nursing homes, medico-social establishments, clinics, hospitals, balneology institutes, etc.
Programme available in French only.
Why choose the BSc in Health & Wellbeing
- A Bachelor of Science qualification (equivalent to 3 years of post-High School education)
- Personalised support and guidance to help you shape your professional project and plan your future
- Strong focus on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) & CSR
- Valuable vocational experience in France
- Specialised teaching in health and wellbeing
- Industry professional lecturers from the health and wellbeing sector
- Small, intimate year group
Pedagogy adapted to your needs
At Excelia, we offer an innovative approach to health and wellbeing. Today, wellbeing is an integral part of health and developing effective prevention has become ever more important, enabling the patient to play an active part in their own care.
By the end of your studies, you will not only have acquired academic knowledge and a recognised qualification but also solid professional experience.
Our off-site study location in Rochefort
The entire programme takes place in Rochefort. Our classrooms on these premises are fully-equipped, enabling you to evolve in an environment conducive to creativity.
All you need to know about languages, assessment, lessons and your teachers
- Applied English
Types of evaluation:
- Continuous assessment: 40% of the final mark
Throughout the year you will work on group or individual projects which will be marked by your teachers
- End-of-semester exams: 60% of the final mark
These take the form of written or computer-based exams
Types of lessons:
You will study the theory and will benefit from tutorials that will allow you to put what you have learned into practice.
The teaching Faculty of the BSc in Health & Wellbeing is made up of industry professionals recognised for their wealth of expertise in their field. Lessons therefore focus on real cases and everyday situations.
Year 1 (one year of post-High School education)
Year 2 (two years of post-High School education)
Year 3 (three years of post-High School education)
September-January: Lessons February-May: Company-based internship in France (4 months) June-July:
Possibility of an English-language immersion project (2 months)
October-December: Lessons January: Humacité© project (minimum 4 weeks) in France or abroad February-March:
April-July: Operational internship (4 months) in France or abroad September-March: Lessons April-July: Operational internship (4 months) in France or abroad
The different courses and projects are provided for indicative purposes only and are subject to change from one year to the next.
- Year 1
- Healthcare Establishments
- Company and Organisation of Work
- Understanding Health Services
- Introduction to Ethics and Deontology
- Sociology of the Family
- Healthcare Professionals
- Health & Sustainable Development
- Introduction to the Risks of the Health Professions
- Principles of Accounting
- Introduction to Statistics
- Business Computing with Excel
- Business English
- Oral Communication & Empathy
- Preparation for the Voltaire Project
- Marketing of Health & Wellbeing Establishments
- Climate Fresk and Sulitest
- Introduction to Disability & Dependency
- Clubs and Associations
- Personal and Professional Project
- Industry Seminars
- English-language immersion project (2 months)
- Company-based internship (minimum 4 months)
- Year 2
- Sociology of Organisations
- Socio-economic Analysis of the Healthcare Sector
- Organisation of the Health and Hygiene Sector
- Environmental Awareness
- Digital Communication
- English for Health & Wellbeing
- Voltaire Project
- Principal Laws of the Medico-Social and the Health and Hygiene Sectors
- Introduction to Management Control in the Healthcare Sector
- Budgetary Management of Health & Wellbeing Establishments
- Fundamentals of Human Resources
- Social Law
- Public and Social Administration
- Competition and Consumer Law
- Marketing & Communications for Health Services
- Introduction to Risk Management in Healthcare
- Pain Management in Healthcare
- Career and International Seminars
- Personal and Professional Project
- Humacité© or Climacité© (minimum 4 weeks) France or abroad
- Operational internship (minimum 4 months) France or abroad
- Year 3
• Ethics and Healthcare Law
• Legislation for Healthcare and Medico-social Facilities
• Organisation of the Healthcare and Welfare Sectors
• Social Protection and the Healthcare System
• Digitalisation of the Healthcare System and Health & Wellbeing Facilities (Hackathon: website development and cyber security)
• Business English
• TOEIC Training and ‘PreMyFuture’
• Medical Information Systems
• IT Management Tools
• Statistics, Data & Information Analysis
• HR Management & Responsible Practices
• Crisis Communication
• Introduction to Social Marketing
• Internal & Multicultural Communications
• Project Management and Change Management
• Quality and Risk Management in Health and Hygiene
• Tutored Group Projects (methodology for writing and presentations)
• Sociology of Disability and Dependency
• Psychology and Addictions
• Patient Rights
• Business Game
• Personal and Professional Project (CVs, cover letters, job interviews, etc.)
• Operational internship( minimum 4 months) France or abroad
End-of-studies internship: minimum 4 months
The programme includes an internship, of 4 months minimum, which takes place at the end of the academic year, requiring an internship report and/or an oral defence.
Throughout your studies, you will be involved in tutored projects based on the response to calls for tender by partner organisations.
Student Clubs and Associations
You have the possibility of getting involved in one of Excelia’s 50 clubs and associations, enabling you to develop your skills and knowledge in a supportive and professionally-oriented environment. In addition, it is a great way to settle into school life and experience something unique.
Personalised support from a Mentor
Throughout your studies, you will benefit from personalised support and guidance. The School offers workshops structured around personal development (self-awareness and self-assertion), communication tools (such as CVs and cover letters), understanding the job market, learning about different careers and developing your professional network.
The Bachelor of Science in Health & Wellbeing trains students for a wide range of operational positions, working in Health & Wellbeing establishments such as nursing homes, healthcare and welfare facilities, private clinics, hospitals, thermal/spa resorts, etc.
Possible career opportunities include…
Sectors of activity:
- Healthcare and Welfare
- Social and Vocational Integration
- Health and Paramedical
Types of job:
- Clinic Manager, Assistant Clinic Manager, Assistant Care Centre Manager
- Care Centre Administration Manager or Assistant Administration Manager
- Administrative Healthcare Executive (Executive Assistant)
- Mutual Care Centre Manager
- Geriatric Care Centre Manager
- Quality and Risk Management in Healthcare Assistant
- Head of Educational Services (Special Education Units, Children’s Homes)
- Spa Manager
Students looking to continue their studies can join our Master programme (a qualification equivalent to 5 years of post-High School education).
Tuition Fees 2022-2023
Students from within the European Union*
- Year 1: (available shortly)
- Year 2: (available shortly)
- Year 3: €8,350
* 27 European Union members: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France and French Overseas Territories, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
Students from outside the European Union
- Year 3: €8,450
The above fees are provided for information purposes only and are subject to change from one year to the next.
This one-off Multiservice fee gives access to the following services: Multimedia and Internet network, Cyberlibris (online library), Student Identity Card, Reprographics credit, Intranet, e-learning modules, Wi-Fi, Career Centre activities and services, International Insurance-Assistance (for any periods spent abroad during the period covered by this contract), University library, University Medical Service, etc.
Financing your studies
Admission for international students or French students living outside France:
Applications for Year 3
Open to students with a minimum of 2 years of post-High School education or international equivalent.
Personal motivation interview is carried out by internet via our dedicated platform (day and time of your choice).
Application fees: €50
Download our mobile application!
With our Mobile Application you can...
- Organise your arrival at Excelia
- Enjoy a virtual visit of our campuses, the surrounding areas and the major tourist attractions
Become a fully operational manager of a vHealth & Wellbeing establishment
- Bachelor (3 years of higher education)