Data and Digital experts working on corporate strategy
The Master of Science in Consulting and Data Strategy at Excelia Digital School... in partnership with 3iL Ingénieurs, the Institute of IT and Engineering specialising in IT and Data Analytics.
Master (5 years of higher education)
MSc (5 years of higher education)
- Master (5 years of higher education)
- RNCP Level 7
Head of the Master of Science in Consulting and Data Strategy Pascal Capellari Pascal Capellari
Through this programme, you will acquire an in-depth understanding of digital and data solutions in order to facilitate the implementation of IT projects and to provide valuable advice and expertise on how to develop technical solutions within companies. Whether working in-house or externally, you will help companies define their information systems development strategy as well as determine priorities for IT projects. You will also assume hierarchical and operational responsibilities for cross-disciplinary digital and data projects.
This programme is carried out in partnership with 3iL Ingénieurs, an engineering school located in both Limoges and Rodez, accredited by the French Engineering Commission (CTI - Commission des Titres d'Ingénieurs).
Discover Excelia Digital School
Why choose the Master of Science in Consulting and Data Strategy
- A State-certified qualification (equivalent to 5 years of post-High School education)
- Professionally-oriented experiences in France and abroad
- Work-study Track in both Year 1 and Year 2
- Specialised courses focussed on data and digital strategies
- Courses given by industry professionals working in the fields of data and digital strategies
- Business Game and Consultancy Projects
- Small, intimate year group
Pedagogy adapted to your needs
At Excelia Digital School, we will train you to assist companies in the implementation of their various IT, data and digital solutions, and to provide them with a veritable consulting service designed to accompany their technical solutions.
Year 1 of the Master of Science focusses on the main principles of Strategy, IT Management and IT Development. In Year 2 of the programme, you will specialise in Project Engineering, Management, IT Governance, Consulting and Data Strategy in order to be able to address the different issues and challenges faced by companies and organisations.
The programme goes beyond simple theory. You will quickly be introduced to the practical side of Consulting and Data Strategy and experience the real world, as all our programmes are constantly updated to meet the needs of companies.
At the end of your studies, you will not only have obtained academic knowledge and a recognised qualification, but you will also have acquired extensive experience.
Our off-site study location in Niort... a major business hub
The entire study programme will take place in Niort, a city with a dynamic economy generating many job opportunities.
The city is located in New Aquitaine, which means you will be immersed in one of the most dynamic regions in terms of employment, ranking third on the list of wealth-generating regions in France. It boasts more than 50,000 companies with many of the key players in the field of cutting-edge technology choosing to base their headquarters here.
Niort itself is the preferred location for many of the major insurance companies, making the Niortais area the 4th largest financial centre in France. In fact, the programme itself takes place in the premises of Niort Tech, which is also the home of French AssurTech, an initiative that brings together the leaders of eight major insurance companies (MAIF, MAAF, Groupama, IMA, MACIF, Mutuelle de Poitiers Assurances, SMACL, P&V Group) around a common objective... to develop the insurance world of tomorrow, by assisting, in particular, innovative start-ups to meet the challenges facing the insurance industry in terms of Data and Digital technology. Our classrooms are fully-equipped with the latest technology, enabling you to evolve in an environment conducive to creativity.
All you need to know about languages, assessment, lessons and your teachers
- French Track
- Lessons in Applied English
Types of evaluation:
- Continuous assessment: 40% of the final mark. Throughout the year, you will work on group or individual projects, which will be marked by your teachers.
- End-of-semester exams: 60% of the final mark. These take the form of written or computer-based exams.
The teaching Faculty of the Master of Science in Consulting and Data Strategy is made up of industry professionals, recognised for their strong expertise in this field. Their focus will be, above all, on real-life business issues.
Types of lessons:
You will study the theory and will benefit from tutorials that will allow you to put what you have learned into practice.
Year 1 (4 years of post-High School education)
Year 2 (5 years of post-High School education)
September-June: School-based and company-based September-June: School-based and company-based
Work-study Track: Year 1 and Year 2
Work-study Track can be carried out via a stage alterné (work-study internship agreement), a contrat de professionnalisation (professional training contract), or a contrat d'apprentissage (apprenticeship contract).
- Year 1: 2-3 weeks School-based followed by 2 weeks company-based then 1 week School-based followed by 3 weeks company-based
- Year 2: 1 week School-based followed by 3 weeks company-based. The different courses and projects are provided for indicative purposes only and are subject to change from one year to the next
- Project Management
- IT Project Development
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- IT and/or Data Project Management
- Cross-disciplinary skills
Optional: Application Development (depending on your profile and your previous experience/background)
- Project Management
- Agile Methodology
- Output Quality
- IS Management and Sustainable Development
- Technological and Strategic Monitoring
- Business Game
- International Culture
- Customer Relationship Management
- Heading up a Meeting
- Oral and Written Communication
- Production and Implementation
- Service Provision
- Support Management
- Web Development
- Software Testing
Optional (subject to certain requirements and depending on previous experience/background):
- Java EE or .NET
- Mobile Application Development
- Embedded Systems and Connected Objects
- Specifications and Calls for Tender
- Cost Control
- Revenue Management
- Law and Service Contracts
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Management and Leadership
- Team Work
- IT Security
- SID Design
- Big Data
- Data Processing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Literacy
- Consultancy Project
- Thesis Methodology
- End-of-studies Thesis
The different courses and projects are provided for indicative purposes only and are subject to change from one year to the next.
Work-study: 12 or 24 months
The programme is carried out on a Work-study Track in both Year 1 and Year 2. Once you have been accepted onto the programme, we will assist you in your search for a work-study opportunity, to be carried out via a stage alterné (work-study internship agreement), a contrat de professionnalisation (professional training contract), or a contrat d'apprentissage (apprenticeship contract). The work-study track will provide you with significant professional experience and whichever type of contract you sign with a company, you will receive a salary. Furthermore, in the case of a contrat de professionnalisation and a contrat d'apprentissage, tuition fees are paid by the host company.
In the form of a business game, students work as a team to solve real-life business issues.
The aim of the Consultancy Project is to give students the opportunity of becoming actual consultants on a topic or a real-life issue on behalf of one of our partner companies. Throughout the year, this highlight of the programme includes agency pitches, communications plans, and the production of digital media.
Personalised Support and Guidance from a Mentor
Throughout your studies, you will benefit from personalised support and guidance. The School also offers workshops structured around personal development (self-awareness and self-assertion), communication tools (such as CVs and cover letters), understanding the job market, learning about different careers and developing your professional network.
The different experiences throughout the programme
During your studies, you will have the opportunity to live a range of different experiences, as listed below. These highlights of the programme are complementary to your lessons.
- Year 1: Stage alterné (work-study internship agreement), a contrat de professionnalisation (professional training contract), or a contrat d'apprentissage (apprenticeship contract), Business Game, Personalised Support and Guidance from a Mentor
- Year 2: Stage alterné (work-study internship agreement), a contrat de professionnalisation (professional training contract), or a contrat d'apprentissage (apprenticeship contract), Consultancy project, Personalised Support and Guidance from a Mentor
What is "Work-study"?
Throughout your two-year programme, the Work-study Track offers you the opportunity of alternating School-based periods, during which you will learn the theory, with company-based periods where you will work on projects relating to your studies.
Students benefit from assistance in their search for a contract with a company. This valuable support will help you to not only take stock of your personal qualities (your experiences, whether professional, association-based, sporting, charitable or international), but also your academic ability.
Work-study in detail
- Contract type: Stage alterné (work-study internship agreement), a contrat de professionnalisation (professional training contract), or a contrat d'apprentissage (apprenticeship contract)
- Year 1: 2-3 weeks School-based followed by 2 weeks company-based, then 1 week School-based followed by 3 weeks company-based
- Year 2: 1 week School-based followed by 3 weeks company-based
- Main objective: To combine theoretical knowledge with professional experience
- Securing a contract with a company: The School provides you with the necessary search tools to assist you in your professional project. Once you have successfully completed the Admissions tests, you will have access to the numerous work-study offers available to our students.
Our graduate profiles are highly sought-after by companies of all sizes and in all sectors of activity, particularly those specialising in Digital Technology as well as those in IT consulting.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of the types of professions in which you could work.
Types of jobs:
- IS / Data Consultant
- Data Governance Consultant
- Project Management Assistant
- Data Engineer
- Enterprise Architect
- Systems Architect / Data Architect
- Project Manager
- Data Project Manager
- IT Purchaser
- Digital Transformation Manager
Tuition Fees 2021-2022
Students from within the European Union*
- Year 1: €10,500
- Year 2: €10,500
* 28 European Union members: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France and French Overseas Territories, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, The United Kingdom.
Students from outside the European Union
- Year 1: €10,500
- Year 2: €10,500
- In the case of a contrat de professionnalisation and a contrat d'apprentissage, tuition fees are paid by the host company.
The above fees are provided for information purposes only and are subject to change from one year to the next.
In addition to tuition fees, you need to take into account the following costs:
- Multiservice charge (see details below)
- Annual administration costs relating to a double degree (if applicable)
- Enrolment fees at a partner university in the case of a double degree (to be paid directly to the partner institution)
This one-off Multiservice fee gives access to the following services: Multimedia and Internet network, Cyberlibris (online library), Student Identity Card, Reprographics credit, Intranet, e-learning modules, Wi-Fi, Career Centre activities and services, International Insurance-Assistance (for any periods spent abroad during the period covered by this contract), University library, University Medical Service, etc.
Financing your studies
Admission for international students or French students living outside France:
Applications for Year 1
Open to students with a minimum of 3 years of post-High School education or international equivalent.
Personal motivation interview is carried out by internet via our dedicated platform (day and time of your choice).
Application fees: €50
Download our mobile application!
With our Mobile Application you can...
- Organise your arrival at Excelia
- Enjoy a virtual visit of our campuses, the surrounding areas and the major tourist attractions