- Department Strategy
- Areas of research Governance and performance of Tourism Destinations, Destination-based Revenue Management, CSR in the Hospitality Industry
- Teaching fields Corporate strategy (Tourism & Hospitality), Business Model Design, Cross-cultural Management
Dr Luc Béal obtained a Doctorate in Management Science summa cum laude, in 1997 from Télécom ParisTech., specialising in Information Systems Management. He first worked as a consultant for the Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism before joining the world of Higher Education in 2002, where he was Assistant Professor at the Musashi Institute of Technology in Yokohama, Japan. Returning to France in 2008, he headed up the Master programmes at IDRAC Lyon Business School, co-founded an e-learning company specialising in customer relations in the medical sector, and was a research advisor at RMD Technologies, a company specialising in hotel and tourism management (Hotel Revenue Management and Destination Revenue Management).
Dr Béal joined Excelia Business School in 2013 as an Assistant Professor and Head of the MSc in Tourism and Hospitality Management programme. Since July 2018, he has been Director of the Excelia's Tourism Management Institute (TMI). In this capacity, he develops and implements research Chairs, in partnership with private and public tourism stakeholders, on themes such as the economic impact of events on a tourist destination, responsible practices in the hotel sector, etc. He also leads and coordinates the search for funding for applied research projects, in collaboration with the Institute's partners and research-active Faculty.
- "Destination-based Revenue Management and sustainable tourism destinations : a unique experiment in the Charentes region (France)", with
Chamot S., Laherrere J., Zaman M., Reinvtour Conference, 2018, Sion, Switzerland
- "Hotel Supply Chains and Responsible Practices: A Multi-Case Analysis" " ICTH 2019: International Conference on Tourism and Hospitality. 2019, Singapore.
- "Case study: Beachcombers Hotels & Resorts: Children as the alpha and omega of the brand’s strategy?" in Seraphin, Béal, Zaman, Gowreesunkar, Eds, Children in Hospitality and Tourism Marketing and Managing Experiences, vol. DeGruyter, Forthcoming ( 2020)
- "The entrepreneur as a fundamental actor in the sustainability of a Living Heritage destination: a perspective through the concept of journey map", with Vo Than T., Conférence de l'Association Francophone de Management du Tourisme, AFMAT 2014. 2014, Bordeaux, France