- Department Strategy
- Areas of research - Production and operations management, particularly the behavior and performance of various types of production and assembly lines - Supply Chain Management - Renewable energy - Applications of management science in industrial and service organisations
- Teaching fields Ph.D. in Management Science, Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield, England. M.Sc.in Operational Research, University of Sussex, Brighton, England. B.A in Commerce, Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq.
Dr. Sabry Shaaban received his PhD in Management Science from Sheffield Hallam University (England) and MSc in Operational Research from Sussex University (England). For many years, he served as an associate professor at ESC Rennes (France). In September 2010 he joined ESC La Rochelle (France) as a full research professor in the Department of Strategy, where he teaches courses in operations management, and production and inventory management . He taught as a visiting professor at Thunderbird Europe (Geneva Campus), Temple University (USA), and a host of other business schools in France, Switzerland, Germany and Egypt.
Published CNRS Journal Papers
1. Romero-Silva, R., Shaaban, S., Marsillac, E., Hurtado, M. (2018), “Exploiting the Characteristics of Serial Queues to Reduce the Mean and Variance of Cycle Times Using Combined Priority Rules”. International Journal of Production Economics (CNRS 1), Vol. 196, pp. 211-225.
2. Rodrigo Romero-Silva, R. and Shaaban, S. (July 2018), "Influence of Unbalanced Operation Time Means and Uneven Buffer Allocation on Unreliable Merging Assembly Line Efficiency", Published online in the International Journal of Production Research (CNRS 2).
3. McNamara, T., Shaaban, S., Hudson, S., Marsillac, E., (2018) “Improving Performance in Unbalanced, Unpaced Merging Assembly Lines”. International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management (CNRS 3). In Press.
4. Ruel, S., Shaaban, S., Wu, J. (2017), “Factors Which Influence Trust in Supply Chains”. Logistique & Management (FNEGE 4). Vol. 26, Issue 1, pp. 58-69.
5. Ng, A. H. C., Shaaban, S., Bernedixen, J. (2017), “Studying Unbalanced Workload and Buffer Allocation of Production Systems Using Multiple-Objective Optimization”. International Journal of Production Research (CNRS 2), Vol. 55, Issue 24.
6. Shaaban, S., McNamara, T., Dmitriev, V., Marsillac, E. (2017), “Asymmetrical Buffer Allocation in Unpaced Merging Assembly Lines”. Computers and Industrial Engineering (CNRS 3), Vol. 109, pp. 211-220.
7. Ruel, S., Ouabouch, L., Shaaban, S. (2017), “Supply Chain Uncertainties Linked to Information Systems: A Case Study Approach”. Industrial Management and Data Systems (CNRS 4), Vol. 117, No. 6, pp.1093-1108.
8. McNamara, T., Shaaban, S., Hudson, S (2016), “Fifty Years of the Bowl Phenomenon”. Journal of Manufacturing Systems (CNRS 3), Vol. 41, 2016, pp. 1-7.
Presented Conference Papers
1. Shaaban, S., Rodrigo Romero-Silva, R., Mujica Mota, M., "Performance of Unreliable Merging Lines with Uneven Buffer Capacity Allocation”. Presented at the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Industrial Management (CIO 2018), 12-13 July 2018, Girona, Spain,
2. Romero-Silva, R., Shaaban, S., Marsillac, E., Hurtado, M., “Reducing the Mean and Variance of Cycle Times in a Multi-Class Queueing Flow Line”. Presented at the 2017 POMS Conference, May 5-8, 2017, Seattle, USA.
3. Romero-Silva, R., Shaaban, S., Marsillac, E., Hurtado, M., “The Effects of the Variability in the Performance of Business Processes: A Practitioners’ Guide”. Presented at the 2017 POMS Conference, May 5-8, 2017, Seattle, USA.
4. Romero-Silva, R., Shaaban, S., Marsillac, E., Hurtado, M., 2017. “Studying the Effects of Inter-Arrival and Service Times on the Probability Distribution of Waiting Times”. Presented at the 2017 IISE Conference, May 20-23, 2017, Pittsburgh, USA.
5. Shaaban, S. McNamara, T., Dmitriev, V., Marsillac, E., “Unpaced Merging Lines With Uneven Buffer Allocation”. Presented at the FAC 2017 World Congress Conference, July 9-14, 2017, Toulouse, France.
6. Salomee, R., Shaaban, S., Wu, J., "Factors Which Influence Trust in Supply Chains". Presented at the PROLOG 2017 conference, May 11-12, 2017, La Rochelle,
Published Trade Articles
1. Cragg, T., McNamara, T. and Shaaban, S. (July 2017), “Buffers and Merging Assembly Lines: Which is Better – Balanced or Unbalanced?”, Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation (IMPO) Journal, July 2017.
2. McNamara, T., Marsillac, E., Shaaban, S. (November 2016), “Improving the Performance of Merging Assembly Lines”. Manufacturing Business Technology.
Published Case Studies
1. Shaaban, S, Darwish, A., “White Rose Hospital” (2016). Case Study and Teaching Note. Registered into the ECCH, Cranfield University, U.K. collection, Reference Numbers 616-0029-1 and 616-0029--8.